Monday, October 22, 2012

Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater!!!

We carved pumpkins with our neighbors, the Hernandez Family, last weekend!  We spent a lot of time in the windy, cold fall weather carving our hearts out!!!  Drew's turned out to be a Zombie, Hank carved a really cool Gremlin, Kaleb had a typical pumpkin face, and mine was a Happy-Go-Lucky pumpkin.  We displayed our pumpkins on our front steps outside for 2 nights... and to make a sad story short... they got eaten by a "Pumpkin Eater!!!"  We have had a couple deer roaming the neighborhood along with a raccoon so those could've been the culprits.  I wish I would've gotten a picture of the half eaten pumpkins but I guess I have these masterpieces to share and remember what they looked like!

Carving away!

Drew, Ellie, and Lilly (Kaleb missed out and was taking a nap)

Drew has the lighter figured out!  Time for the fire safety talk!

Kaleb being a big helper and trying to light the candles... luckily the lighter is childproof!

Glowing Jack-O-Lanterns!!!

Hank's Gremlin!  He spent about an hour carving... until the "pumpkin eater" got to it!!!  SAD!!!
 
  


1 comment:

Kimmer said...

Oh, so sad! Those are some great Pumpkins. I hope the boys (all three of them) weren't too traumatized. Love the other blog post, too! Great idea to do scrapbook pictures. Fun to see you blogging again. :)